High testosterone, as well as low testosterone, is a harmful imbalance for the body of both males and females. In the bodies of both sexes, there is a concentration of testosterone that always has to be at an optimal level. Due to some inner or outer factors, the level of it may be reduced or increased which means there is something wrong with the body that requires a visit to the doctor for finding out the main reason of such disorder.
Testosterone is a hormone produced by the sex glands, and at a lower degree, by the adrenal glands. The glands secrete testosterone under the stimulation of another hormone, LH, which is the product of the pituitary gland which in turn depends on the release of hormones from the hypothalamus.
The level of testosterone in men and women are measured using special tests that allow the evaluation of the concentration of this hormone in the blood and find out whether there are deviations from the norm.
High testosterone in women – how dangerous is it for female health
Testosterone is considered a specific male hormone, responsible for the development of muscle strength and mass, sexual behavior, masculinity, and courage, bordering on self-sacrifice. Not less of an important role is this hormone significance in women’s bodies, although its content is less – by about 25 times when comparing the levels with male levels.
In females this hormone is needed to help with the development of the follicle in the ovaries, to participate in the formation of the skeleton, to normalize the work of the sebaceous glands and to raise women’s moods. In addition, the sexuality of a woman depends on testosterone. However, high testosterone in women may cause certain problems.
An increased level of testosterone in women often leads to a number of different complications. First, the normal functioning of the ovaries is disrupted, and this leads to violations of the menstrual cycle. This, in turn, can lead to the development of diabetes mellitus. In addition, a violation of ovulation is possible which can lead to infertility. In addition, even if a woman with high levels of testosterone gets pregnant, often the process of gestation is under a constant threat of complications during pregnancy and during childbirth.
In the case of an increased level of testosterone caused by malfunction of the pituitary gland, the increased hormonal level is usually accompanied by the appearance of excess weight and as a result, can lead to obesity.
The main signs of high testosterone levels in male body – how to discover this imbalance
Consider the main signs of high testosterone in men:
1. Unreasonable aggression;
2. Suicidal tendencies;
3. Constant headaches;
4. Sleep disturbance, resulting in insomnia;
5. The growth of muscle mass that subsequently increases overall weight;
6. Excessive growth of hair on the body, while on the head there is a reversal of hair loss;
It is not necessary to leave without paying attention the above-mentioned symptoms, since they can lead to far more serious consequences, getting rid of them will be much more difficult.
High testosterone levels in men can cause the following health problems:
1. The decreasing of the activity of spermatozoa, which leads to male infertility;
2. Heart muscle damage, resulting in increased risk of heart attacks;
3. Due to an increase in the prostate gland, the process of urination becomes more difficult;
4. The body does not remove excess fluid, causing swelling;
5. Increases cholesterol in the blood;
6. The appearance of acne.
The symptoms of high testosterone levels for females – ways to find out
In the case of increased male hormones in the body, here are the symptoms of high testosterone:
1. The appearance and growth of excess hair on the body, this hair can appear even on the face.
2. Increased dryness of the skin, peeling of the skin.
3. The hair on the head becomes greasier and may fall out.
4. The voice breaks down, becomes rougher.
5. The body acquires masculine traits – the waist disappears, the shoulders become wider.
However, these are only external signs indicating that the hormone testosterone in women is elevated.
There are also internal symptoms of trouble that are even more serious than external symptoms:
1. A sudden increase in libido and increased physical endurance.
2. Violation of the cycle until the complete disappearance of menstruation.
3. Groundless rudeness, irritability, aggression.
Testosterone supplements for both sexes for proper therapy
However, if you have low testosterone levels it is possible that you can restore the shortage by eating useful foods and getting proper testosterone treatment.
Here is the list of the best testosterone supplements aimed at normalizing hormone production in the body:
Each of them is aligned with increasing testosterone production which is enough for gaining muscle power and getting a normal level of male hormones. As with the use of every medication, please consult your physician to prescribe these preparations.